In one of my facebook groups we had an interesting discussion about book blogging. Well, it was mostly a bunch of us book bloggers reminding this author what it is we do. Luckily, it all turned out well in the end, and the gentleman was nice enough to apologize. But it got me pondering. There are a lot of bloggers who get paid, but book bloggers do not(as far as I know?). Only time we can get paid is if we work for a site or for a magazine. So, why do we do it, if we can't get paid? Here are my reasons for it.
- Free Books! Yes, I'll admit it and say that is one of my main reasons. I am a bookaholic on a very tight budget, so I love the word free. lol
- Meet new authors, and sometimes even get to talk to them either by email or a facebook group. I did a book review on readersfavorite and found out the author is in one of my book groups, I thought that was so cool. Here is a photo of her novel I read.
- Meet other book lovers. If you are lucky enough you can become friends with them too. That is actually a goal of mine for this blog. I love talking about books so the more people I can talk to about them, the better.
- Experience. I realized I have writing skills but no experience. Companies don't hire you without experience. So, the only way I knew how to get any was by blogging.
- Finding books that I normally wouldn't read. I'm usually a creature of habit when I go buy books. But, thanks to book blogging I have found some real gems, even got to read books before they are published(ARCS) I love that idea.
So, those are my main reasons for blogging. Now, I'd like to hear why you blog? Who knows, maybe some of you have a reason I didn't think about. Please feel free to post them in the comments. Thanks!
Have a great weekend and happy reading!!